Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Part 2 Queensland trip

So after the great couple of days in Byron Bay we were off to Surfer’s Paradise. When we got there we checked in then hit the town for sightseeing. It was a much bigger town than Bryon Bay, it was actually a city. The ocean was all along the side and across the street were all of these skyscrapers. It was neat to see a city set up like this. We head to the beach and saw some massive waves and some brave souls manning the waves. Like all great tourist we took about 100 pictures while admiring the sheer size of the ocean. We then went shopping!!! I ended up branching off an shopping by myself because I was ready for some hardcore shopping. I ended up buying a couple dresses and a new bathing suit to try out on this amazing coastal trip. That night I met my other hostel mates and found out the other 4 people in the room were American!!! It was refreshing to met some Americans traveling because I believe I had really come across tons of other ethnicity but hardly ever any Americans. They were students at the University of Melbourne for a semester coming from DC, Chicago and Cali. Dean and I played cards games with them, making him the minority once, one Canadian with all the Americas!

The next day the group split up. 4 of the girls went to a mountain to hike were the other 4 of us went to DreamWorld which Is one of the Australian Amusement parks. However this one was special because not only did it have rides but it also had an Australian Animal section. This was the most wonderful thing possible because wait for it….I actually got to FEED KANGAROOS and HOLD A KOALA!!!!! When we first walked into the area I got to see my very first kangaroos however it wasn’t quite what I expected to see. Instead of hopping around there were two kangaroos stuck together and the bigger obviously male one just giving it to the poor little girl kangaroo. All the people walking by just stopped and their jaws drop. They expected to see kangaroos just not a show! After we walked to a little farther we got to see emus, exotic birds, and more importantly koalas hanging out in trees. Then I saw them a whole herd of kangaroos just hanging out in the open. We were able to just walk up to them and feed them. They would hope over and eat right out of the palms of your hands. It was absolutely the coolest thing ever. They were so sweet and cute. Then we went to were you could hold a koala and get your picture with it (my picture is currently on someone else's computer). They brought out Patrick and we each took a turn cuddling with him. It was so neat.
Then the four of us took to riding all the rides we could. We went on the small ones in nickelodeon land like the SpongeBob flyer and the Rugrats Reptar Coaster.
We rode bumper cars but I jumped in on the wrong side and put my seatbelt on just to realize the steering wheel was on the other side…I forgot about the left hand driving. It was fun I bumped everyone and dominated hee hee. Then the bigger rides were to be ridden. We did the wave, the claw and the buckle all which like to swing you in ways you don’t think a physically possible while making you go upside down, it was awesome! We did apparently the biggest rollercoaster in Australia and then finally The Big Drop. This one scared Dean to death. He was shaking in his boots. It was quite funny since the whole day they were making fun of me of how loud I scream on the rides. But I do it just for fun. Oh then of course we had to go on the log ride to get completely drenched before we got back into the van. It was a great day for sure. The other girls picked us up and told us about their hike. They said it was fun but they all got leaches on them and it turned out since it was misty and fogging on the mountain they couldn’t really see how amazing the view was. So I think I made the best choice to go to dreamworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment