Thursday, July 21, 2011

Easter Weekend

An Easter like I've never had before! So when my flatmates mentioned going out to the country to camp for the holiday weekend I knew I was in! I had just gotten back from Tasmania and had a few days before returning back to work. We drove out to New Gambie, A little place out in the middle of nowhere. It turned out that we didn't even need to camp out because one of the guys had just bought a house out there. When we drove up the driveway we were welcomed with motorbikes riding up on one side of the car and a 4wheeler on the other side!
We soon jumped right on the bikes and 4wheeler ourselves. First I met the owner of the house, Deaven and his brother Boa. I also met their other brother and his girlfriend. I had met Ben, my flatmate's best mate, once before but I got to know him much better this weekend. I first tried out the 4wheeler, something I felt more comfortable with. I drove all over the land until I ran into the wire fence that I didn't happen to see. Boa had to run over and help get the 4-wheeler unstuck. I ended up having a huge bruise on my calf for weeks from this. I wasn't done yet though. Deaven offer to take me on a ride on his motorbike. I have to admit I am a complete chicken. Everytime he got "too fast" for me I started screaming and pleading for him to slow down lol! It was so much fun though. Next he tried to teach me to do it on my own. I did pretty good with him behind me on the bike. I got all the way down the drive and turned around. As soon as he let me do it on my own though, it was a different story. I ended up driving the bike right into a ditch, letting go of it right before hitting the ditch. Luckily the bike and I were ok. Deaven then drove us both back on the bike up to the house.
The guys were now ready to do a little drive. However these boys decided to drive through the bush up hills and between trees, definitely in parts where cars were not meant to go. It was a very adventurous drive! Ben got his car stuck in a ditch and we had to do a photo-op before the boys worked on getting it out of the ditch. We got back to the house just in time to make some dinner. We all ate and drank around the bomb fire and had an awesome night!
The next morning was Easter. I had talked Ben the night before into going to church with me on Easter because to me it wouldn't be Easter without church. Hince the meaning behind Easter in the first place! So we looked up a few places close by but it seemed soon forgotten and I thought I wasn't going to get to go. We went into town for some groceries and resources and luckily I spotted a church starting a service right next door. Ben and I went and I really enjoyed having some God time on this very special day! The serrvice was nice and it made it feel a little more like Easter should be =) Ben and I then headed back to the house and met up with everyone else. They were discussing who was going to get to go on the boat for the day. So Deaven and his buddy took my flatmates and I out for a ride on the boat. It was awesome! I learned how to knee board!!! I had so much fun and enjoyed my time in the sun! It is a tradition in my family that I get steak for Easter because I don't like ham.
I told everyone that at the store and we all got steaks to grill out. Ben took the role as cook and made some awesome BBQ for us all. It was a really great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment