Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 3 in Aussieland/Terrible News


So this week was a lot of work…literally I worked 5 days this week. It was wonderful though. I worked at three different schools. But before all the work happened we had our first of many family meal nights! Sunday we Dean, Caitlin and I had Family Taco Night. It was so cute and fun cooking all together then coming together at the dinner table to eat. I think I can get use to this.
My first work assignment for the week was in a grade 2 classroom and loved it. There was also a very nice student teacher in there named Stevo. He took me out to lunch because you can leave campus for lunch here apparently. Of course normally that wouldn’t help me any because I do not have a car. Stevo took me to this little café down the road. It was the first time I was in the passenger seat when someone was driving on the wrong side of the road. It was so weird and I kept trying to get in on the wrong side hee hee. The café had the best sandwich I have ever had and he picked up the tab which was really nice. I love being a girl sometimes! He also works at a bar that my roommate and I are going to check out on Saturday.
Tuesday and Wednesday I worked at a specialized school for mentally challenged students. I was the PE teacher there for both days. It was wonderful and the students for the most part were really sweet. They liked me so much there that they requested me personally to come back on Thursday. It is always nice to feel wanted. I worked in just one classroom all day. The kids were great and I really enjoyed it though one child had a melt down in the room next to mine and destroyed the room so the second half of the day I two classes in my room. We just extended recess a bit and then worked on the smartboard and it was fine.

On Tuesday, Amy finally arrived. The last piece to our puzzle. She is really sweet. We all went out for sushi as the whole family and popped champagne. This is definitely a regular occurrence for us now because there is this really good champagne that is really cheap. Amy had met a girl named Sam on the plane and Sam came along too. Sam is from the UK and is really cool. Sam, not knowing anyone in Australia, has become a regular visitor to our house and now is part of our little clan! She has just traveled to Thailand and then came over to spend some time here in Australia. She has convinced us that Thailand is to be our first place to visit while in this area. So here in 5 weeks we will be traveling there. In 5 weeks the schools take a “holiday” here. Each break or vacation you take is called holidays here. I love it! So we can’t work for 2 weeks so we might as well go explore somewhere new. Plus it will be hot there and it will be nice to get out of the winter weather for a bit.
Thursday I got terrible news. My dog sitter sent me an email suggesting that Titus is not adjusting well. He said that with Titus being use to a living with only himself or a few other dogs that he is not liking having anywhere from 10 to 15 other dogs around all the time. Because of this Titus has gotten agitated towards the small dogs there. He basically said he doesn’t want him there anymore which kills me in everyway. Titus is my baby and hearing he isn’t happy makes me miserable. I now have to find a place for my wonderful, amazing dog for a least a year when I am on the other side of the world. Needless to say I am very stressed about this and don’t know what to do. I keep praying for a solution and hopefully I will find a great one soon that allows my baby to be safe and happy while I am away. I have more to write about but it doesn’t seem right to flip from my sad news of Titus being depressed to my partying. So there will be a more peppy blog soon I promise but until then please pray for this situation and/or feel free to jot me some advice.

1 comment:

  1. Thailand will be awesome! I have the sweetest friend from Bangkok that you should meet up with when you go there. She can show you around and tell you where to go. I could send her a message on FB, and you guys could talk on there before you go if you want. I'm so sad about Titus. I wish so much that I could take him! My apartment and my husband won't allow dogs. :( If you want, I'll ask my mother-in-law if she might be interested in taking him. She has two cats, but they'd probably be scared of him and leave him alone, haha! She's had several German Shepherds in the past and lives all alone right now, so she might be interested. Then I could go visit him everyday! Let me know. I'll pray for you and Titus in the mean time. I'm glad you're having such a good time and that all the roommates get along! Skype me! :)

    ReplyDelete