Friday, July 16, 2010

THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD


So the rest of my week was wonderful as to be expected! The second day my jetlag finally caught up with me and I slept alot! Day 3 Caitlin and I went house looking. So for the first time I was able to really wonder around Melbourne! We set up two inspections. Before we headed out we had the most amazing lunch at BigMouth:) I had chicken apple curry..yum! Then we took the train to the suburb of Yarra! It was so fun wondering around and getting lost looking for the train station:) We finally made it there and the first place was ok. We then ventured off across the city to the suburb of Southbank. We got off the train just to realize no one knew where the street we were going to was. It was hillarious and we looked like such tourist hee hee. We finally made it and the apartment is absolutely breathtaking. The view is of the whole city and the apartment is very modern! It even has a indoor swimming pool. We are in the process of trying to get this one set so wish us luck:)

That night we attended our hostel's Ladies Night, where there was free bubbly:) I had a blast and met another million backpackers! I danced all night and finally crashed out just to wake up a few hours later for my day trip to the Great Ocean Road! The Great Ocean Road is amazing! We stopped at the beach of Torquay first where the famous Rip Curl Pro Surfing Competion is!

We then went along the road and heard the history of the Diggers (Australian Soldiers) and how they made The Great Ocean Road. Each stop was even more beautiful then the one before. We stopped at a campgroup where for the first time ever in my life I saw real live KOALAS in their natural habitat.It was so much Fun!!!

We even stopped and walked throug the rainforest. Then we were off to the Twelve Apostles, which was absolutely remarkable. After the apostles we stop at a beach with where Caitlin and I dared the cold water and put our feet in:) Our last stop was a sunset at the London Bridge. It was probably the most beautiful day I have ever had. The beauty in the nautral scenery here is unreal. I LOVE AUSTRALIA!!! oh and our tour guide was nautral borned Australian, so we got to hear his amazing accent the whole day...it was great!



1 comment:

  1. Lovin' your blogspot Amanda and missin' you Girl!! Love the ocean pix and love your new hairstyle!!

    ReplyDelete