Thursday, July 1, 2010

Working on Getting There!

Within the last few months a lot has changed since I had decided to start this blog for my adventures in Australia. Even though parts of the plan have been readjusted I am still very excited and optimistic about my journey. I am now leaving for my 28 hours of travel on July 11th (Less than 2 weeks away!!!). Currently I am visiting my family in Texas until I leave. I will be meeting a Canadian girl, Caitlin, first and we will be looking for a place to live when I arrive. After I come, 2 more awesome Canadians will be joining us:)

To get to the point of being able to fly there took a lot more work than I thought it would. I have now officially received confirmation from both the Victorian Institute of teaching and the ANZUK agency that all of my paperwork has went through!! Yay:) The paperwork was only one part. About a month ago I had to turn in my resignation form to a wonderful school that I will miss very much. It was very bittersweet to pack up my classroom and say goodbye to all of my beautiful and amazing colleagues that I have become so close to.

I was then left with packing up my house and selling everything! I thought selling on Craigslist was suppose to be easy. Somethings didn't go until the last day I was there. So in between cleaning my whole apartment, turning over all my dog's stuff to the dog sitter, saying goodbyes and returning items that were not mine to keep, I still had to sell furniture too. Oddly enough one of the not so gentlemen who bought my dinning room table in some many words offered me money for sex (I turned it down just in case you were wondering). Needless to say I was a little frazzled that day and of course my lovely ex boyfriend was there 3 hours late to help but he got to see the hot mess that I was. Although, it wouldn't be me if I didn't wait to the last possible second:) The morning of leaving to Texas for my last few weeks I had to sit on the car window holding mattresses to Charles' car to take to the dumpster at 7am. Story of my life.

Leading up to my departure to Texas wasn't all hard work!!! I got to see the Timber girls one last time when we went to see the Sex and the City movie! I went to the Beginning Teachers' celebration and they did a very fun game in my honor. I had a sweet goodbye lunch from my great teammates! My amazing friend Erin came to visit me for a week:) Within that week we got the cops called on us and manage to spend 5 days at the beach, which was awesome! I had goodbye lunches with my favorite teachers and I had a "Until Next Time" celebration thrown in my honor by the most fun loving women I know! All of this meant so much to me and I will remember it forever.

So now I am visiting friends and family in Texas and then off to Australia!!! I will be writing soon to fill you in on all the crazy details of my life:) Until Next Time.....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you really had an adventure in your last few weeks! :^) We are going to miss you so much! Next year won't be the same without you. =( I can hardly wait to hear about the Aussies. Remember, until next time ...

    ReplyDelete